Crown Margin discolouration + missing enamel

hi there a little advise would be greatly appreciated. Wanted to know what sort of risk am i facing for the situating im having with my molars..

just the other day, out of no where i started to spit out something hard. Checked to find out one of my molar is missing some enamel leaving an exposed cavity.... theres no pain right now but the exposed cavity has me worried

I decided to check on my other molar only to discover some discolourationg right at the crown margin....

Should I pay the dentist a visit? So far no pain on either cases but am worried enough to pay the dentists a visit.... most concerned by the tooth with the exposed cavity on the side of the molar....

BBEAA9DC-7590-4D1F-BF50-90C285E55DE3.jpeg

F95BDFDE-B454-4893-92C6-D49C92564EBB.jpeg

Attachments

• 4706D360-2527-403E-A79C-2BDAF9C97A0F.jpeg
    4706D360-2527-403E-A79C-2BDAF9C97A0F.jpeg
    161.9 KB · Views: 2
Solutions
Yes you should definitely go to the dentist when something like this happens. They need to find out why it's happening and to treat the area affected or you will end up with bigger problems.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
That's a cavity in Pic 1 and likely cavity in Pic 2. Get them fixed. These areas normally decay if your hygiene has been slack at some time in past, or present. They start subsurface, then eventually weakened enamel chips out. They will be ~2x larger than appear in pics.

Vote:
That's a cavity in Pic 1 and likely cavity in Pic 2. Get them fixed. These areas normally decay if your hygiene has been slack at some time in past, or present. They start subsurface, then eventually weakened enamel chips out. They will be ~2x larger than appear in pics.
Thanks Matt.
Is it difficult to get these fixed?? In guessing the dentist will have to remove the decay, and then fill them up.

I had experience getting it done from the top...

But never done it before for these side decays....
Would the decays get bad enough ill need a root canal done? Afterall im guessing theres less dentin to go through from the side than decay from the top...

Right??

Vote:

Ask a Question