Crown loose or tooth under loose from bone?

My tooth got knocked out close to the gum when I was a kid. A crown was fitted, became loose and re-glued once. Dentist broke crown second time trying to get it out when loose and had a new crown made and glued in which seems like a lifetime ago. Now ,after a long time since, the tooth wiggles, so I went to the dentist and he said that the tooth below has come loose from the bone and it needs an implant with new crown. How could he know without taking the crown out or an X-ray? I'm really hoping its only a take crown off and re-glue job. The tooth wiggles back and forth but also up and down. There is no pain whatsoever. Any ideas? implant or re-glue?

My exact experience to you except dentist says I have fractured tooth below and not that its coming away from bone. Crown and post keeps coming loose.
I don't like the way dentists want to jump to an implant solution quickly without attempting to rescue a crown and post.
Anyway I am wanting to keep the existing setup as long as I can and hope you have success in doing that too.
See my post about my crown by viewing my profile. I think you can do that.
I've got a few options in mind listed in my post at the end. I've yet to decide what to do.
Have a rippa day!

Vote:

Ask a Question