Crown lenghtening really needed

Kim

Hello, I need some advice. I had a cavity on tooth 30 below the gum line, my dentist referred me to an encodolist(SP?) and I had a root canal done, I went back to my dentist to do a crown and the dentist put some silver round thing around my tooth and then said I had too much bleeding from him pocking with the silver thing, and told me I needed a crown lenthening since if he did a crown it would not fit probably and I would eventually have problems. Does this sound right? Do you think if I chanced it will be ok or is does this sound normal? I never heard of this procudure and do not knwo if anyone who heard of it for this reason just short teeth , cracked or gum disease but not for the reason he wants to do it. I have a crown and root canal on the back tooth beside it as well. So the root canal is done and I had a temporary filling in it, it did not hurt but then my dentist took it out and then tried and then refilled it and now the tooth feels uncomfortable. I have no temp crown on it and just i guess a temp filling in it now.

I cannot figure out how to upload the xray before the root canal

Please advise.

thanks Kim

Ask a Question