Crown discomfort

i had crown done a couple years ago that I had to have adjusted/filed down multiple times which resulted in no discomfort afterwards. I have been doing Invisalign for about 13 weeks now and changing trays each week without problems. Recently I went to pull out my tray and had pain and discomfort in my crown when taking the tray off. It is not sensitive to cold or hot but just when pressure is put on it. Kindof like a bruise it isn’t painful until touched and then the “pain” is more of an ache. I am wondering if I should contact my orthodontist or my regular dentist regarding this?

Solutions
yes you should because your tray may need adjusting. You could end up cracking the tooth if it's too high inside. I cracked a molar with a hard night guard and this sounds like a similar pain. Easy for them to adjust it slightly. I'd check with the ortho. They have caused the pain.

Vote:

Ask a Question