Crown advice/NHS dentistry

Hello.

I have just turned 24 and my teeth are causing me problems. Two of my lower front teeth were damaged in an accident as a child. One has a cap on and the other damaged ans has been ever since (i.e. no cap was ever put on.) My lower front teeth are very low down and I would say worn, as are my upper two/three front teeth. I also think I need work doing on my lower molars, both sides but particularly on my right.

It feels in my mouth as though they were pretty worn down/small which makes it uncomfortable to speak, physically but also in terms of confidence. I don't really go out and am on ESA so I think I would be able to get dental work done free but I'm not sure what that would cover.

In an ideal world I would have caps on my teeth so they are bigger and would feel more comfortable in my mouth, I hope this makes sense.

Can anyone help, it's really making me anxious and I don't know what to do.

Thanks.

vinylcase, can you elaborate on what your ideal outcome would be aesthetically / visually?

I would be happy to suggest solutions to you at that point.

Hello and thanks for replying.

Molars I'm not bothered about aesthetics, it just feels uncomfortable in my mouth, like they're too small, I don't know how to explain it. I know caps can be used for tooth erosion, would that be suitable here?

Regarding the front teeth ideally they would be capped so it feels like I actually have teeth there, and when I speak especially.

Vote:
I understand where you are coming from. We have numerous patients that say that their teeth feel uncomfortable.

I think that the best option would be for you to contact a dental university and schedule an appointment with a trainee there.

It's hard for me to recommend and actual procedure or solution without taking a look inside your mouth at this point. However, a dental school / university should have students in an active dentistry that are supervised to perform procedures. This will at the very least be free or cost you far less for an examination and dental work.

My apologies for not being able to provide you with more information.

I should say, I'm in England, so will this still apply?

And should I feel embarrassed about this? I know they've probably seen it all before but I feel awkward.

Oh and thank you again, appreciate the advice.

Vote:

Ask a Question