Crooked Teeth w/ Soft Enamel

Hello friends,

I am 23 years old, living in Canada and working just above minimum wage. I am seeking some advice on my dental issues. I’ve included photos to help.
teeth1.jpg
teeth2.jpg
teeth3.jpg

It’s a very long story, but essentially the main problems are that all my teeth have soft enamel and are very susceptible to cavities, sensitivity and are also discolored. In addition to the soft enamel, my upper left and right laterals are crooked and “hiding” behind the centrals (which are also slightly crooked.) The left and right cuspid and 1st bicuspid are also out of alignment.

Previously dentists have told me the first step is to get braces, followed by veneers or crowns. I have started to research for myself and from what information I’ve gathered, I can begin the correction process by removing the laterals, followed by getting a crown/ bridge combination for the missing and surrounding teeth. Worst case scenario would be having all the necessary teeth removed and getting implants.

The scary part for me is even if I were to cover the aesthetic part of the problem, the enamel of the teeth would decay and undermine the rest of the solution. I don't want to get braces, crowns, etc if later on the teeth are not going to last and potentially need to be removed altogether.

What would be the best course of action to take so that the problems are resolved long-term? I strongly feel that because it’s a very profitable business, dentists and/ or orthodontists are going to set me up on a plan that will take longer to establish my desired outcome and as a result will cost more money over the longer period of time. I’d like to spend the least amount of money and time overall while not compromising the quality of work.

Also has anyone got any experience or knowledge of dental work in Asia (i.e Thailand, Vietnam, etc) versus North America?

Any information is helpful, thanks!

Attachments

• teeth1.jpg
    teeth1.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 1,706
  • teeth2.jpg
    teeth2.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 654
  • teeth3.jpg
    teeth3.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 472

Ask a Question