Crooked Central & lateral incisor

Hi new to the forum and first post. As the title says I have really crooked adjacent central and later incisor. Never been able to smile in pictures and I would love more than anything to have them taken out and replaced I just worry about the cost and what would be the cheapest option to go for? The 2 teeth would need extracting first. Was wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation and had theirs fixed?

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

Do you perhaps have a picture? Extractions should usually be the last resort. Depending on the amount of rotation, veneers or crowns could always be considered to give a better aesthetic profile.

Vote:
Hi im a bit insecure of posting a picture but I know they are far to crooked for veneers or anything else. The only way to have a straight smile would be for the teeth to come out

Vote:
Another question is would I need a bone graft after having crooked teeth removed? My asking this is because surely if the tooth is crooked it isn't connected the same as the adjacent straight incisor. So if an implant went jn where the tooth was removed it would also be crooked?

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
A bone graft is not always necessary. It depends on the amount of bone present, which is determined on the xray or cbct scan, as well as the extraction procedure as well. If traumatic, it increases the likelihood of additional bone grafts.

Vote:
Is it possible to get 2 adjacent teeth (Central and lateral incisor) replaced on one maryland Bridge? The info I find online is different everywhere I look. If not what other bridge options are there that don't involve grinding down the 2 abutment teeth?

Vote:

Ask a Question