Crack require attention?

Discussion in 'General Dentistry Discussion' started by MarkEdwards, Dec 14, 2018.

1. MarkEdwards

MarkEdwards

Hi everyone.

I have taken a photo of a molar that I have cracked and am worried about. It looks like a tiny bit has broken off the upper molar, and the crack comes up from that.
    Do you think this requires a trip to the dentist? I am extremely worried about damaging it further. Especially with Christmas coming up as it will be food, drink, food, for 2 weeks.

Attached Files:

MarkEdwards, Dec 14, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. MarkEdwards

honestdoc Verified Dentist

It is hard to see the full scope of the damage with that image. Do you have pain, swelling, temperature & or biting sensitivity? If none, then get seen after the Holidays. In the meantime, try using Over the Counter bite/night guard to protect your teeth. I'm suspecting you may be grinding/clenching.

honestdoc, Dec 14, 2018
    1. Advertisements

3. MarkEdwards

MarkEdwards

Hi, thanks for coming back to me, I do appreciate it.

I know, it’s an impossible task getting a decent picture, haha, but there’s not a lot more to show anyway. Can you see the actual chip I mean? It’s purely just taken the tiniest bit off the point, and then there is a crack line running down to about half way down the tooth? It’s on the bottom left corner of the centre tooth in the picture?

I got some sensitivity before, but that was after I had just noticed it, and was probably poking around and putting my tongue over it a lot. I obsess over my health a little too much! No swelling, no major pain, I’m a little worried about eating anything testing, but I just had a pasta dish and there was no problems. I had fillings in both the lower molars in this position a couple of months ago, and have been cautious ever since. It’s been suggested to me that could of amplified any grinding/clenching? I have just been and bought a mouthguard to try.

MarkEdwards, Dec 14, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question