Cost question for

I receive insurance through my employer. It covers 100% of most basic procedures, such as cleaning, x-rays, etc. I contacted my insurance, and inquired about how much it would pay for having my braces removed, or the wire behind my teeth that keep my teeth in check (50%, I was told). That's fine, however, I am in a bit of a strange situation.

I set up an appointment to see a dentist for a cleaning next week; however, I will be moving to Europe in 1 month from now. So I will soon be putting in my 2 week notice at work within the next week. So if I go to the dentist two weeks before I stop working for my current employer (who pays for dental insurance), will the cost still be covered by my insurance company?

I just don't want the company to pull a fast one on me. So, essentially, if I go to the dentist while still employed by my current company, the insurance company will pay for the procedure? No prorations will occur, correct? I would assume this type of practice is regulated, but I do not trust the system.

Thanks! :)

Ask a Question