Continued pain from fillings. Don't know what to do anymore.

It all started when I got two fillings on my left hand side done, one on the upper molar and one on #19. At first the fillings were pain free for 5 days, but one day I woke up from going to a concert (don't know if me dancing is relevant and did damage?) and #19 hurt horribly when chewing (upper one was fine.) I went to the dentist and got an adjustment and that only helped marginally. I went back around 5 more times and the pain became just a tiny area of pain in a certain part of the tooth when chewing crunchy or hard things. Then I got a sedative filling done at the beginning of the year and the pain stayed the same (its a tiny area on the tooth not the filling) I got x rayed and referred to an endodontist and he said I didn't have a crack, the filling was shallow and to let it chill out because root canal was overkill. Well I haven't taken out the sedative filling because I went to get more fillings done on the other side of my mouth. This time 2 on top 1 on bottom. Now the top ones hurt horribly, have gotten a couple adjustments and still hurt really bad. These are extremely sensitive to cold and forget about chewing pretty much most things. I'm extremely frustrated because my dentist and I are at a loss what to do. I can't afford a different dentist and she said seeing the endodontist for the other side at this point might be a waste of money. She had a feeling I was clenching so I bought a dental guard to sleep with and that didn't help either. She recommended one custom made but I don't know if that would help either at this point? Does anyone have any advice?

Dusan Cirkovic

Verified Dentist
do you have gum recession maybe?
It can give similair symptoms.
But on the other hand it is very important to place filling in dry conditions with proper technique. I hope your dentist did all these things by the book.

All the best.

Vote:
do you have gum recession maybe?
It can give similair symptoms.
But on the other hand it is very important to place filling in dry conditions with proper technique. I hope your dentist did all these things by the book.

All the best.

As far as I know the filling was done correctly but there's no way for me to know and Im pretty sure I don't have gum recession.

Vote:

Ask a Question