Connective tissue surgery open wound.

I had surgery Connective tissue harvested from the roof of my mouth and the flap stitches back. 3 days later one of the stitches came loose and the pain started on 4th day. It was the most excruciating pain I’ve ever went through. 2 days of pain I returned to my dentist and was told the flap had shrunk and left an opening where the extracted tissue hole was fully exposed. I was told there was not much I could do but wait for it to heal. I’m now day 8 and still in pain. The pain has subsided to only when I eat and at night when I sleep. I wake up with pain.

first off is it common for this to go wrong like this ?

is it possible for flap to shrink or is this crazy talk ?

how much longer will this pain last before healing begins.

I was told to keep rinsing twice a day with perioxidin. Which is causing more pain so I stopped. They also gave me a gel form of it to place into the hole in the roof of my mouth. I stopped both of them because of the severity of the pain. I also read this can cause recover delay in tissue healing. Am I right to stop it ?

thanks for any help as this is torture.

Ask a Question