Condition of teeth ruling my brain

Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone was having the same problem?
The condition of my teeth is literally ruling my life at the moment. I keep having nightmares that my teeth are falling out. My teeth are pretty bad. I've lost 1 tooth so far, I have, surprisingly, only 2 fillings but the front top teeth are chipped badly and the bottom teeth are grinded to a bad point. I used to have a tongue piercing which didn't help. My teeth are yellow from smoking and eating bad stuff. My jaw hurts from grinding my teeth constantly. I think I grind them during my sleep. I have even tried repairing them with an amazon bought repair kit as I feel like I can't afford to pay for them to get fixed. Maybe it is not that I can't afford them because I probably can from a monthly point of view, I think I won't be able to get the finance to do them as I am turned down for finance constantly.
I literally have been teaching myself not to smile with my mouth open or speak where my teeth can be seen. I can't even look in the mirror because it depresses me so much. It's come to a point where I minimilise my interaction with people outside of work just so they can't see my teeth. I won't even go on dates. It's literally ruling and ruining my life. I forgot to mention that I have tried to get NHS funding help but I couldn't get any.
I just don't know what to do. Can anyone give me advise. Is finance a thing for every dentist or can other arrangements be made.
Someone help me please.

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Some dentists do make arrangements for payment plans, but this is dentist and case specific. A lot of times, you would need to pay some sort of deposit up front. Unfortunately no Amazon self repair kit is going to be the solution here. You will need to see a dentist, so that a comprehensive treatment plan can be worked out. Discuss alternative cheaper options, if finance is an issue. But the buck stops with you. No one can assist you,if you don't start assisting yourself first by making that first appointment.

Vote:

Ask a Question