Composite Resin Veneer Help (with pictures)

NNN

Hello, I got composite resin veneers on my four upper front teeth on the 6th if September 2022. I’ve noticed that everyday that goes by the veneer is wearing off? My dentist is in another country so they can’t see properly what I see. But it doesn’t look like it’s wearing well. Is this normal for veneers to be almost like “brushing off” after only 3 weeks? Or does it just need to be polished again?

Please comment only if you’ve had resin veneers or are a dentist/ assistant etc.

Attachments

• 6EA7360D-78F9-41F4-A59D-6D3E574B5A67.jpeg
    6EA7360D-78F9-41F4-A59D-6D3E574B5A67.jpeg
    118.1 KB · Views: 13
  • E48F6CC8-45B0-4F82-BC58-4B5622BAC852.jpeg
    E48F6CC8-45B0-4F82-BC58-4B5622BAC852.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 12
do you happen to know what make the veneers are?
Sorry, I won't be able to help you, I just wondered as going to have some similar treatment soon-ish.

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I think you are pointing to the veneer/teeth margins. They tend to be thin due to minimal drilling on the area. Modern materials are stronger and will resist wear. Composites are less strong than ceramics (much more expensive). I don't see concerns in those areas for now. You can always have it rebonded. Depending on your bite, you may consider ceramic veneers in the future. If your bite is aggressive, you can fracture those veneers.

Vote:

NNN

Thank you for answering! So, is this normal after almost 3 weeks? Will polishing them just smooth it out? There’s no gap in the teeth and veneer, it just seems like I’m brushing off layers of resin? I’ve changed toothbrush and toothpaste to more gentle less abrasive but still.

Vote:

NNN

I think you are pointing to the veneer/teeth margins. They tend to be thin due to minimal drilling on the area. Modern materials are stronger and will resist wear. Composites are less strong than ceramics (much more expensive). I don't see concerns in those areas for now. You can always have it rebonded. Depending on your bite, you may consider ceramic veneers in the future. If your bite is aggressive, you can fracture those veneers.
Hi so is this normal at 3 weeks? Or is it not wearing too good

Vote:
What make? If you mean what type then no. I just know it was composite resin material.
I've been reading a lot about glass-ionomer fillings, which are different from composite resin.

I also think or sense that our electronics, along with certain chemicals or additives that are ever abundant in our food supply like citric acid [drinks, chips, and fruits of course] are wearing down these glass-ionomer fillings faster than they would have, before the high-speed data infrastructures like 5G were released. BEcause the friction of the polymers has some sort of magnetic pull on the foodstuffs and chemicals which creates a nano-friction or something like that, they are more prone to building up or polymerizing creating a glue which causes the glass to wear down and maybe form more fissures etc.

Vote:

Ask a Question