Composite or crowns

Hi,

I recently started treatment for my teeth as they were very worn and you could not see them when I smiled. This was caused by me grinding my teeth and it shortened them a lot. I am reviving orthodontic treatment free on NHS and was offered to take surgery to show more teeth or use composites to build my teeth back up. I chose to avoid surgery and build my teeth up with composites.

My worry is though that composites won't last as my teeth was damaged in first place with grinding. I asked for crowns but they seem reluctant to give me them.

Should I push the issue for crowns ? Also what would be my reasons for getting them ?

Thanks

Brad

Do you fall under any of these reason; if yes, then consider going for crowns.
  • Broken or fractured teeth
  • Cosmetic enhancement
  • Decayed teeth
  • Fractured fillings
  • Large fillings
  • Root canal on a tooth
  • Implant enhancement
Still it is recommended you consult a good dental clinic who will guide you proper treatment.

Vote:
If you're suffering from damaged, cracked or diseased teeth you may benefit from dental crowns. It can prevent further damage to the tooth in question as well as the surrounding teeth.

Vote:

Ask a Question