Composite filling

I recently had a composite filling on the side of a tooth. It was an old filling that fell out. Thing is that the new one now contours the tooth, It fills the hole but also overlaps the surrounding ‘good’ enamel considerably to smooth out the natural contour of the tooth. My question is: would covering healthy enamel with composite filling material have any lasting issues or concerns?

I recently had a filling on the side of a tooth from amalgam. It was an old filling that fell out. Thing is that the new one now contours the tooth, It fills the hole but also overlaps the surrounding ‘good’ enamel considerably to smooth out the natural contour of the tooth. My question is: would covering healthy enamel with amalgam have any lasting issues or concerns?
Sorry it’s not amalgam, it’s a white composite filling

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Composite white fillings are resin material and not as durable. If the filling covered the enamel, then it must be very thin and prone to fracture.

Vote:

Ask a Question