Commissioned hygienists?

I've been to several dental hygienists in the past 10, or so, years and every single one has talked me into paying more for what I know I don't need. They'll usually do a couple of routine cleanings and then, suddenly, say I need a more expensive cleaning. And, go figure, that more expensive cleaning takes no longer and, from my position, does nothing differently. But it does release the office from their agreement with my insurance company as well as charging me much more.

I live in Marion County, Florida and wonder how you can find out what offices pay their hygienists salary, commission, or a combination of the two.

I'm 72 years old, still have all my teeth except the wisdom teeth, and tired of being ripped off.

Thanks for any suggestions.

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
In Australia they're usually paid an hourly rate. If you feel they're ripping you off, then tell them once about your irritation and maybe they'll back off in future.

Vote:

Ask a Question