Clinical Advice Rule Update

Ian

Administrator
As part of the on-going improvements to the forums, we have updated the rules to include the following notice:

To retain the integrity of advice provided on the forum, we do not allow any non-dentists to provide clinical advice. Anyone is free to comment on the forums and discuss issues, but it is important that clinical advice is only given by dentists. Repeat offenders will be warned about this before further action is taken.

This issue has cropped up several times in the past few months, but it is important that we address this. Clinical advice should only be given by dentists, or within the remit of the profession of the member (i.e. dental assistant, hygienist, etc...). This is to ensure accuracy of information on a medical website, where we need to be as prudent as possible to ensure the advice is correct.

Hi Ian

So will dentists be able to report any clinical advice given by someone who isn't a dentist? Or is this something that admins, such as yourself, will be monitoring?

Ian

Administrator
I'll be keeping an eye out, but if you see something that's bad advice or problematic, just hit the "report" button under the post and I'll take a look at it.

Ask a Question