Cleaning+whitening on same day?

I'm planning to have my teeth cleaned and since I have stains, some extensive work is needed. In light of that, is it ok to have a teeth whitening procedure performed on the same day?

In this instance I'd probably wait a good few days after the cleaning before using any whitening products. If you don't you may find the whitening product will make your teeth/gums quite sensitive.

Vote:
Cleaning before whitening is a good idea, to remove all the plaque, tartar and some debris and to have great result for your teeth whitening. I'll also agree with Craig, some patients may may have possible sensitivity when having a cleaning, so you might have your teeth whitening treatment within a week of your cleaning.

Vote:
Yes teeth cleaning is important to get rid of cavities or stains which causes many dental issues, but cleaning & whitening shouldn't be taken place at the same time rather whitening should be done once healing takes place after moth cleaning.

Vote:
Having a cleaning with your hygienist before whitening is definitely a good idea. The plaque, tarter, and/or debris will cause a build-up on your teeth that may not allow the teeth to whiten in certain areas, resulting in uneven coloring on your teeth. The same is true for the inflamation of the gums. If the whitening is done when your gums are inflamed you may have left over yellowing close to the gums after the inflimation is taken care of...

Vote:
Cleaning and whitening your teeth shouldn't be done in just a day as they will become sensitive. And it will have the possibility that it couldn't be done correctly.

Vote:

Ask a Question