Cleaning order for teeth?

Solutions
I'm new to this forum, so hi everyone! Anyway just a quickie. What order should I be cleaning my teeth at the end of the day. I've generally gone with 1 electric toothbrush 2 flossing and 3 interdental brushes. However on a recent visit to my dentist he said, wrong order. It should be 1 flossing 2 interdental brushes 3 electric toothbrush. Who is right? Had an appointment this evening with my hygienist based at my periodontist and forgot to ask her opinion. Many thanks.

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Your dentist is right and your hygienist will confirm. The electric toothbrush will be last as a final clean of all the debris and plaque loosened by the floss and interdental devices.

Vote:
Solutions
Thank you for your reply honestdoc. I must admit I prefer doing it in the order you're confirming. I spend a lot of time on my cleaning regime and though time consuming, I'm hanging on to my teeth and my periodontist is happy too.

Vote:

Ask a Question