Chipped bottom tooth

hi,

i chipped a tooth with my finger nail. its the bottom bit of the tooth, its not sore but what can I get done with it ? white filling ?

atpyxe.jpg

10s9n5e.jpg

Its went all white for some reason

sorry for the mug shots.. hope your not hungry :p

Is it possible to get a filling where my chip is ? (near the bottom of the tooth)

many thanks for the replies !!

Last edited:
There's some serious amount of decay in there.see your dentist asap. It might need a root canal as well...
The white thing you see is enamel that's decayed underneath.

Vote:
I hope I don't need a root canal .. its expensive !

Do you know if you can get a white filling with the above ? I don't know if its possible so low down to the gums

Vote:

drmins

Verified Dentist
You really need a root canal treatment. Get your x-ray image done to confirm the extend of caries. The treatment of choice will be root canal,followed by a crown.
(Its a misconcept that root canal being a little expensive,can be replaced with some other inexpensive fillings. Root canal treatments are indicated only when your tooth's pulp get infected. And in such cases,root canal treatments or extractions are the only options available.On an average, root canal treatment in India costs as low as 40-50 USD only)

Last edited:

Vote:
Hi, Thanks for the replies ! I sent the dentist the above picture and they made a appointment on the 13th of March for an X-Ray and an examination. They couldn't tell what I would need to get done based on the picture.

There is almost exactly 1/2 the tooth left now and its still bright white (i don't know if you can tell in the above) so I guess that means its kinda rotten and I will probably have to get it removed. Root canal to remove it and a crown to replace it ? Thats not cheap in Ireland

Vote:

Ask a Question