Changing my oral hygiene didn't improve my gingivitis, help!

I have gingivitis and using orahex for 2 weeks+brushing 3x a day+flossing everyday didn't make improvements and I have pockets

I had this issue before 2008 , In my case my dentist adviced me to visit him for every 3 months and he carried out some procedures .

Gum inflamation root cause might be different so ask your dentist

It took almost 2 years for me to resolve my gingivitis issue , now i use to get checked out personally every month as well as by the dentist in 6 months .

It can took many months to treat gingivitis

As my dentist showed me to check mouth , throat , palate , tongue , glands , cheek , teeth , gums etc

Clean hands , look into mouth for white areas which seems skin is erosive , red lesion with erosion and easily bleeds , some red lesion blanch on press so they need not immediate attention most of the time

Palpate the floor of mouth , cheek , palate , glands on extra oral palpation used to be discharge watery thing more when they are normal etc .

Last edited:

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
If the gingivitis has been present for a long time, it may have morphed into periodontitis. This requires firstly a thorough scaling - sometimes a dentist will do this, other times you may need to see a periodontist for more assertive treatment. Once the gingivitis or periodontitis has resolved through treatment, then regular brushing and flossing will prevent recurrence.

Vote:

Ask a Question