Chalky teeth

Usually my teeth would feel smooth and porcelain like, but lately I’ve noticed that my teeth feel like nails on a chalkboard. It doesn’t feel like I have anything on them, but just that they’re quite rough/dry and less slippery. Should I be worried about this? Why would this happen (never had this feeling before).Could this have anything to do with the fact that I’ve cut carbs from my diet for the past month?
Thanks

Could be erosion of your teeth enamel.. if you've been eating a lot of acidic or sugary foods.
Could be plaque buildup. Are you brushing your teeth at least 2x a day and flossing regularly? Could even been excessive brushing too.

Have you switched toothpastes to a whitening paste recently?

Vote:
Thanks for the response,
Definitely haven’t been eating acidic or sugary foods, and I brush twice a day. Had a professional teeth cleaning about 10 months ago too.
I have been using a Colgate whitening toothpaste for the past couple of months, but would it be strong enough to brake up the teeth enamel?

Vote:
Solutions
Best to try a different toothpaste. I'd recommend something like sensodyne original or pro-enamel. See if the teeth start to feel different. I don't know if it's your paste but I always avoid the whitening ones myself.

Vote:

Ask a Question