I had this x-ray taken 2 weeks ago. I was put on one round of antibiotics & pain meds 2 weeks ago and I just started my 2nd round today while waiting to get in to see an endodontist this Wed. My concern, as well as the dentist who took the X-ray, is that the decay in this tooth is too severe to save the tooth with a root canal. The endodontist that takes my insurance is pretty far away and I would rather not waste a drive there just to be told that he can't save the tooth. If I'm going to have to have it extracted anyway I don't want my insurance company paying for this appointment and applying it to my $1,200 yearly Max. Can anyone look at this x-ray and determine if it's salvageable? Or do I need to go to the endodontist and let him take a different kind of x-ray? Thank you in advance.