Can It Be Saved?

Solutions
Good day. I am already 22 years old and was only using retainer because of money hoping to save my teeth. I dont know but still thankful that my canines lowered even wasnt inserted properly. I just want to ask if will it be saved or is it okay if I will only undergo braces? At my age? Thank you. ( I dont know how my teeth turns out like that haha.)

Attachments

• 20200528_110533~(1).jpg
    20200528_110533~(1).jpg
    391 KB · Views: 131

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day,

By looking at your photo, it is clear that you have a space deficiency with crowding that could have been caused by various factors during your development.
Orthodontic treatment can be undertaken at any age. Usually Orthodontist are reluctant to remove canines for the purpose of orthodontic treatment. They would rather remove other teeth, for example your premolars, in order to create sufficient space so that the canines and other teeth can be positioned in a more harmonious relationship.
It is also sometimes necessary for additional jaw surgery in severe case in order to reposition the jaws as well.
My opinion is to rather go and see an orthodontist, which will do his own clinical examination as well as other measurements regarding your growth pattern, to formulate the ideal treatment plan for your case and then take it from there.
Luckily it is never too late to improve your smile :)

Vote:
Solutions
Good day,

By looking at your photo, it is clear that you have a space deficiency with crowding that could have been caused by various factors during your development.
Orthodontic treatment can be undertaken at any age. Usually Orthodontist are reluctant to remove canines for the purpose of orthodontic treatment. They would rather remove other teeth, for example your premolars, in order to create sufficient space so that the canines and other teeth can be positioned in a more harmonious relationship.
It is also sometimes necessary for additional jaw surgery in severe case in order to reposition the jaws as well.
My opinion is to rather go and see an orthodontist, which will do his own clinical examination as well as other measurements regarding your growth pattern, to formulate the ideal treatment plan for your case and then take it from there.
Luckily it is never too late to improve your smile :)
Need to save more money. Haha. Thank you so much. ❤

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Since you are 22 yrs old, you are still in good shape. The older you get, the harder it is to move teeth because your bone gets harder. Super important you don't get cavities and gum disease. If you have severe gum disease that irreversibly damage a lot of bone, then you may not get treatment because moving teeth on unstable bone will be disastrous. If you get older, the orthodontist can't move your teeth too fast because you can get root, bone, and pulpal damage. Also the older you get, the more traumatic it is to remove necessary teeth on harder bone. I agree with Dr M that canines need to stay because it frames you facial profile and it has the longest roots to stabilize your jaw's functional movements to prevent crashing your other teeth together. I suggest you save you money and explore payment plans and start as soon as you can (before you are 25).

Vote:
Solutions
Since you are 22 yrs old, you are still in good shape. The older you get, the harder it is to move teeth because your bone gets harder. Super important you don't get cavities and gum disease. If you have severe gum disease that irreversibly damage a lot of bone, then you may not get treatment because moving teeth on unstable bone will be disastrous. If you get older, the orthodontist can't move your teeth too fast because you can get root, bone, and pulpal damage. Also the older you get, the more traumatic it is to remove necessary teeth on harder bone. I agree with Dr M that canines need to stay because it frames you facial profile and it has the longest roots to stabilize your jaw's functional movements to prevent crashing your other teeth together. I suggest you save you money and explore payment plans and start as soon as you can (before you are 25).

Yes, thank you so much . I will. ❤

Vote:

Ask a Question