Can I wear a retainer even if I have dental bridge

I had braces before and I think the work is undone since there is a gap in between my upper teeth which is visible enough. I wore my braces religiously for the past 4 years and the gap is still there. I feel so frustrated and did a dental bridge a year ago since the dentist said my teeth are aligned.
After the dental bridge treatment, I stopped wearing my retainer. I assumed because the gap is filled so there is no reason to wear back my retainer. Also, the retainer wont fits the dental bridge.
Now after a year without wearing my retainer, I noticed that my teeth are moving and not aligned as before. Thus I have hard time to bite. Lately, I feel some pain while I was sleeping especially where the dental bridge is placed.
My concern is t is ok to wear my retainer since I have my dental bridge. I’m very worried if the metal of the retainer going to stress the dental bridge since that is the teeth involved.

Ask a Question