Can I get a filling on a wisdom tooth?

Solutions
I cannot afford to lose another tooth. My lower left wisdom tooth has fully erupted and seems to be in okay health, can I perform regular protective procedures on it such as filling and inlay/onlay?

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
In short, you can have any work on any teeth. The question is how long will it last? There are a lot of factors like bone and root health, amount of remaining coronal structure, your biting patterns and how thorough is your homecare (brushing and flossing).

Vote:
Are you looking to receive tooth-coloured fillings in Cranston? If you would like to receive tooth-coloured fillings near you, it's possible to receive them on any tooth. As long as your wisdom tooth is healthy and not causing any pain or issues, you can receive a filling. Wisdom teeth are only recommended to be extracted if they are causing pain, grown in at an angle, or your jaw has no room to accommodate them. They are typically removed to prevent future oral health problems from occurring. You can speak to your dentist to see if a filing will suffice for your wisdom tooth or if it requires removal. Your dentist will provide a more accurate answer after examining your mouth.

Vote:

Ask a Question