Can feel outline of tooth root, HELP!

Solutions
Hi

I had braces to close a gap left by my lower incisor being extracted, the gap has now closed from having braces however I can feel the outline of the middle lower incisor from the back of the tooth. The outline feels hard and when I feel the area with my tongue feels like a large bump, it is all covered with gum. is it normal to feel the outline of an incisors root from the back of tooth and if not could this be caused by bone loss or root resorption??

any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Solutions
Hi,
The doctors here at the forum could give you a better answer, but, could it be plaque and debris that need to be clean with the ultrasonic tip? Or orthodontic adesive? Sometimes is possible to have a gum recession on the lingual side, and, due to that, you may experience sensitivity, because of the root exposure, but you feel that is something diferent with the structure around the gum line (if I correctly untherstood). Only with the X-ray you can get some answers about the bone loss or tooth resorption, so, a visit to the dentist is probably a good start to check on the theeth health.

Vote:
Solutions
Hi,
The doctors here at the forum could give you a better answer, but, could it be plaque and debris that need to be clean with the ultrasonic tip? Or orthodontic adesive? Sometimes is possible to have a gum recession on the lingual side, and, due to that, you may experience sensitivity, because of the root exposure, but you feel that is something diferent with the structure around the gum line (if I correctly untherstood). Only with the X-ray you can get some answers about the bone loss or tooth resorption, so, a visit to the dentist is probably a good start to check on the theeth health.

hi thanks for your reply, it’s not tartar and I don’t have gum recession but can just feel the root of my tooth from the back under the gum but can’t feel any of my other teeth’s roots under the gum. Thanks

Vote:

Ask a Question