Can braces fix my overbite ?

Discussion in 'Orthodontics' started by Peter97, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Peter97

Peter97

Can braces fix my overbite or the problem is mainly in my lower jaw and need surgical operation ? Im 20 years old and sucked my thumb as kid for a long time so probably this is one of the reasons for my overbite . I really hate my smile and facial profile and want to fix that problem . When I close my mouth upper teeth cover completely my lower teeth , but when I try to place my jaw like I have underbite , my face looks somehow normal like the last photo.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      92.5 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      95.3 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      104.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      88.8 KB
      Views:
    Peter97, Jan 15, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. Peter97

Busybee

Hi Peter, you are a nice looking guy with lovely healthy teeth. There are risks with orthodontic treatment (root resorption) and you will most likely have to wear a retainer for the rest of your life. I don't know why you hate your smile. It's possible you will be unhappy after treatment. People don't always look the way they expected.

Busybee, Jan 16, 2018
    1. Advertisements

3. Peter97

Lyle MacLeod

Before I got my braces, my top teeth bit down on the bottom forcing them move backwards. After getting my braces off this problem was fixed and it no longer happens. I would go see an orthodontists to get they're opinion but I'd imagine braces would be able to help you.

Lyle MacLeod, Feb 9, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question