Can braces fix my crossbite/overbite?



Great Lakes Dental

Verified Dentist
Oct 29, 2015
Best answers
Hi LanaE,

I would recommend that you arrange a consultation with an Orthodontist, then get an opinion from a 2nd office (perhaps even a 3rd). There really isn't much that one could say from simply looking at pictures of your teeth. An overbite can often be treated with ortho, however a crossbite is usually the result of issues with your palatal structure. Truthfully, your circumstances can only be assessed through an in-office consultation. What I can tell you is that ignoring these conditions will only make the problem (and subsequent treatment) more difficult to fix.

Sorry I couldn't be or more assistance.

Warmest regards,

Dr. Jennifer Thomm
Cosmetic Dentist
Great Lakes Dental
Sarnia, Ontario Canada

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question