Can a NHS dentist just remove me from their list!?

I've been registered with my NHS dentist for quite some many years.

I saw a consultant at my local hospital who requested I undergo an x-ray to be taken by my dentist in an area where I have also been experiencing quite some pain in my upper jaw.

My dentist took the x-ray and there appeared to a foreign body present.

I then took this x-ray to a different consultant who initially made a dismissive remark on the foreign body in question then later denied saying anything in this regard. He also took the only copy of the x-ray I had. I raised an NHS complaint and my dentist received copies of correspondence.

I then requested another copy of the x-ray from my dentist who appeared to have dramatically adjusted the contrast before printing it out. I then queried this in very polite terms only to get a letter through the post dismissing me from his care.

I suspect he is just trying to irrationally cover his back and it is more convenient for him to remove me from his patients list.

What do I do now? I'm rather aggrieved to say the least.

Thanks in advance.

Ask a Question