Can a dead tooth be capped? ($)

Infected, abscessed tooth 30 prompted my dentist to send me for RCT. I had one visit, the endo cleaned out what she could, but found the tooth dead with resorption and asked for a second visit plus a second round of antibiotics. She told me today don't even bother with the second visit...the tooth is hopeless. So...I understand that and I would normally shrug and get an extraction, which I guess I am supposed to do. But I just can't afford it! The endo was $700 out of pocket with insurance, so I can't afford RCT + extraction + implant/crown, etc. Tooth above the gum seems fine, not even loose. So, what are my options? Can I get some kind of temp crown and pray it doesn't get re-infected? Wouldn't it be worse to have nothing there at all? What should I ask my dentist when I go in?

In my country i pay like 40 dollars for root canal,35 dollars for fillings and dental cleaning is about 20 dollars,crown i think is like 60 dollars i don't know about implants and extraction i think is like 5 dollars.

Vote:

Ask a Question