Bumped tooth

Hello,

While drinking from a water bottle (a metal one) my hand slipped and I ended up bumping my front tooth. When checking in the mirror I did have a small cut / laceration to my gum line. However should I be worried about tooth trauma? I have not noticed a color difference in the tooth (I do have some staining on that tooth and have for years which I fear would make it more difficult to tell). I had minor discomfort due to the gum cut which quickly resolved but have not felt any tooth pain.

Is this something that I should be seen for or would I be told to wait and see.

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day. Usually a colour change won't be noticeable so early after a traumatic injury. If the tooth does change colour later, it most likely meant that the nerve sustained damage and has died/or is dying.
It is a good sign that you don't have any pain on the tooth. Most likely it was only a soft tissue injury. I would leave it and only observe the tooth over the coming weeks.

Vote:

Ask a Question