Bruxism with broken down anterior teeth

A_s

Solutions
Dear Drs,

If a patient comes in with bruxism has worn down anterior teeth, which material would you give as the first option? If crowns are needed, which type of crown would suit for this patient (for anterior region)?

Your help is much appreciated.
Thank you!

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Are you a dentist? Where are you located? I'm asking so I get an idea what resources are available. In the US, we have plenty of resources depending on the patient or 3rd party's ability to pay. I would complete a comprehensive exam, including gums, bone levels, caries, any TMJ injuries, unresolved stress, available Vertical Dimension of Occlusion, use of custom bite guard, etc. The reason why this is very important is because any treatment without full examination and considerations will fail. If crowns are indicated for anterior teeth, you can consider Zirconia full contour (not layered) for strength as opposed to Emax for esthetics. Modern Zirconia crowns offer better shade matching so discuss with the lab technician for better results. Remember, just sticking crowns in without studying the bite will result in failures.

Vote:

Ask a Question