Bruxism for 2 weeks : teeth damage?

L

Luna

Hi,

I am a 20 year old woman and I have questions. I saw the dentist today who cleaned my teeth and is making me a mouth guard for the night. I have been clenching my teeth for 2 weeks due to stress caused by tinnitus. I haven't been sleeping well and stress made my teeth clench.

But I have been wondering if 2 weeks can cause a lot of damage. I feel like the teeth at the back of my upper front teeth are smaller? Or is smaller back teeth normal? I don't regularly check my teeth that much but I have been touching my teeth with my tongue. I feel like some of my teeth are smaller.

Not only that but I am sure that some of my teeth has moved a bit. Something feels different and I am already stressed and would like some stress off my shoulders.

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
How do you know you've been clenching for 2 weeks? A lot of times, you are not aware. Teeth shift every day. I tell my patients if they lose a crown, they must come back to recement it ASAP because the back teeth tends to shift forward and the opposing teeth will shift into the lost crown making recementation impossible. It is hard to assess the amount of damage. What did your dentist say about your teeth?

Vote:
L

Luna

I have been clenching for two weeks almost three because I had tinnitus start three weeks ago. It has put me in a lot of stress and since then I have not been able to sleep well. I noticed myself clenching when I was awake in bed and also outside. My dentist didn't seem to think that anything was wrong my teeth. He cleaned my teeth and has suggested a mouth guard. I initially went to see him for really bad tooth and gum pain. However ever since my teeth cleaning, I feel like my teeth have slightly shifted? I don't know, my mouth feels weird.

Vote:

Ask a Question