Brown Spots on tooth?

Hi All.
I had a tooth extracted about three weeks ago. I experienced very little pain afterwards. However, the other day I started having pain in the general area that my tooth was pulled from. The teeth on either side of the vacant spot have small brown spots on them where the teeth touched, and the pain seems to be coming from one of the teeth.

My question is, are these spots normal and will they go away, or are they cavities being uncovered by the extraction?

My dentist did an oral exam without x-rays but I'm wondering if he missed this spot because it was covered by my tooth??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Should have it checked out NOW!

If your dentist did his exam without x-rays prior to the extraction, it's possible those spots were not visible and were covered by the tooth that was extracted. It is very important to have them checked out, if you're already feeling pain those cavities could be quite deep and the longer you wait the worse your chances are in saving the tooth from a root canal. Unfortunately with dentistry, the longer you wait the worse things do get. If you go early enough it could be a simple fix like a composite filling. good luck! :D

Vote:

Ask a Question