Broken temporary teeth and nerve pain

hello,

I have been going through treatment with my local dentist culminating in getting ready to have two crowns fitted to my two front upper teeth. these teeth were knocked out during an accident and replaced with temporary teeth.

the local dentist has done the preparation work for the crowns to be fitted and shaved down my teeth. he then made some temporary teeth until the crowns had been made and were ready to put on. thew crowns were due to be fitted this week but now the temporary teeth have broken and I have pain and sensitivity in the exposed areas. My appointment to get the crowns was canceled last week with no date for a rebooking 9due t the current situation).

i cannot stay looking like Dracula or in pain so i am trying to seek some advice about reducing the pain and sensitivity and and secondly is there any temporary solution that can tide me over for while?

i have rang dentists but most are closed.

thanks in advance

steve

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
At a minimum, get some desensitising toothpaste and lather your teeth. I don't know what the regulations are in your area, but we are still able to treat pain or cases where lack of treatment could worsen a situation. the biggest concern for health authorities about dental clinics is minimising the use of drills and the aerosols they generate. In an emergency, this can often be controlled by a rubber dam. For the replacement of the temp crowns, there is little or no use of drill in the mouth. Ring around. If they recement new temp crowns, ask for a hard, long-lasting cement like zinc phosphate, but hardly anyone keeps it anymore.

Vote:

Ask a Question