Broken pre molar

Hi

I had a root canal done late last year. My dentist filled my tooth after with a silver filling.

Fast forward to last week I noticed after dinner some of that tooth had come away. One quarter of a pre molar broke above the gum line. The original filling is still in place.

My dentist is closed due to covid 19 and suggested a temporary filling kit till they reopen. I was packing it with oral wax with no pain and eating on the other side.

Last night I used the temp filling material followed the instructions ect. Now I have some discomfort in that tooth. It's not pain as such more a occasional throbbing pain and just some general pressure. I'm using paracetamol today to make sure it doesn't escalate.

I'm wondering why this would be happening as its already had root canal and wasn't in pain when using the wax.

I made sure my bite was good and haven't over filled it.

Any ideas. I'm tempted to remove the filling and just try to cope with the wax everyday.

Any advice would be appreciated at this time

Thank you

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Worst case scenario, the root may be fractured. You may experience swelling and possible loose tooth. Best case is just temporary inflammation due to trauma.

Vote:

Ask a Question