Broken molar

Hi
i have a Broken molar
when you tuch inside the broken tooth i feel GREAT pain. the nerve probably is expose.
the DR said he probably will need to take it out. i'm scared. how could it be taken out if only a touch is painful? how could he give me anti pain shot even? how the needle can touch the place? i'm scared

Solutions
Whether the tooth needs extraction depends on whether the fracture is down to the root. If there is sufficient tooth above the root that's intact then they should be able to save it. I had a similar problem and as I said on another thread, one dentist said it's in need of a root canal and another saved it. It's all down to the dentist and their skill and experience. But if the fracture is in the root then yes there is no way to save it. In terms of the pain, they numb the area and you should not feel anything. They should be able to give an injection without you feeling anything. It again depends on the skill of the dentist. Some dentists are really good with giving painless injections and painless treatment.

Vote:

Ask a Question