Broken Blood Vessel?

I noticed that I may have a broken blood vessel in the back corner of my mouth. It is a small purple spot and when I put pressure on it or pull my cheek back, it disappears. Is this a common issue inside the mouth? I have had it for a long time. My dentist has never said anything about it so I have always assumed that it is not a health issue. It is in an area where there could be trauma when eating/talking. You will also notice in one of my pictures that my gums on the top are very wide compared to my gums on the left side of my mouth and the gums extend all the way back to the corner of my mouth. So I think it could be related to the inside of the cheek (where the possible broken blood vessel is) is continually rubbing against my top gums when resting/eating/talking. So therefore, it caused a broken blood vessel.

Above the purple spot in the picture, which is difficult to see, is very vascular. It is dark purple and a lot of blood vessels. Do you see that in some of your patients?

I am going to bring it up at my next dental visit in July but thought I would see if I could get some clarification beforehand.

I consider myself healthy and do not have any bleeding issues that I am aware of. Also, I do not have any symptoms related to that area of the mouth.

Thanks for your time,

Attachments

• B89139AD-C84B-4414-9791-D3BAF3CE97C7.jpeg
    B89139AD-C84B-4414-9791-D3BAF3CE97C7.jpeg
    50.3 KB · Views: 131
  • 9247B384-B3F3-4DE4-9B70-9D393A4BEAE7.jpeg
    9247B384-B3F3-4DE4-9B70-9D393A4BEAE7.jpeg
    85.9 KB · Views: 126

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I'm not understanding your concern for "wide" gums. I'm not noticing any problems. Vasculature appearance can vary and change. Keep track of the appearance and provide us further images if it looks more scary.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
There's nothing abnormal there. If you really want to see "worrying" vasculature, look at the underside of your tongue. All normal.

Vote:

Ask a Question