bridge turns into root canal

Hello to all and thanks in advance,
So i have two missing teeth on the left back bottom side and after years of neglect ive decided to pay for a bridge. Went to get procedure started last week (placed temporary bridge) and ive been in pain even since. My dentist drilled into the two connecting teeth and it seems like he might of drilled to much on the back one and ive had ear and headaches ever since. The back tooth had a fill in from years ago but never had any issues with it before. I've taken care of my teeth and have not had cavities in years. Today I went back in to check with the doctor, he took and x-ray and reported that he needed perform a root canal on that back tooth in order to go ahead with bridge? I've saved 1,500 for the bridge and now he is trying to tell me that i have to come up with another 1,000 dollars for a root canal? I am very confuse and would love some feedback. I had no pain prior to this. Is it part of the risk you take or was the dentist just in a hurry to get to another patient and drilled to far into my tooth?? Thank You very much!!

If I were you I would get another opinion form an Endodontist who specializes in root canal before you do anything else. be very careful , there are so many dentists out there but many are just selling dentistry and do not have your best interest at heart

Vote:

Ask a Question