Bridge question?

hello, new to the forum as I had a bridge fitted for a tooth I lost some years ago playing football.
Anyway, I bit on a corn cob not thinking stupidly and it broke off leaving me two small stumps (abutment?) on either side of the missing tooth.
Obviously, there is now a hideous gape in the front which has made me vain, lol.
It's not painful although it was a while ago (decay I think my dentist said, when I went previously.
my face swelled up badly and left me with a black eye :rolleyes::D

I'd like to know if it is possible to re-fit the bridge (which I have still) or what to do now.
As it's Saturday I know I have to wait until Monday to call the dentist,,.
So is losing a bridge classed as an emergency?

Regards
Bob

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I believe your lost bridge is very urgent and should get attention as soon as possible. In the US, people show up for dental emergencies with many different concerns. If a walk-in clinic is very busy and they deem your condition is not so urgent, they may have you wait for openings.

Vote:
Hello bob,
So sorry to hear about your crown breaking off! The two abutments (stubs that are there) would need to be evaluated clinically (by the eye for decay) and if needed X-rays to see the decay and I do not have that here but if decay is present then unfortunately the bridge may not be used because the tooth has to be prepared more which changes the crown dimensions

Vote:
Hello bob,
So sorry to hear about your crown breaking off! The two abutments (stubs that are there) would need to be evaluated clinically (by the eye for decay) and if needed X-rays to see the decay and I do not have that here but if decay is present then unfortunately the bridge may not be used because the tooth has to be prepared more which changes the crown dimensions
Thank you Mr dentist Dan.
I think I have come to terms with the abutments being removed and implants fitted, either two implants with a bridge or three implants (no bridge) It's a marvellous thing to have the internet isn't it :D I have found so much about dentistry I could become one ha ha.
But one can't beat a forum for personal advice.
This is a photo of my gap etc
Bob

Attachments

• Teeth photo 1.jpg
    Teeth photo 1.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 9

Vote:
I believe your lost bridge is very urgent and should get attention as soon as possible. In the US, people show up for dental emergencies with many different concerns. If a walk-in clinic is very busy and they deem your condition is not so urgent, they may have you wait for openings.
Yes, I have been to my local dentist here in the UK, but felt he couldn't be bothered with it/me, so looking around again

Vote:
late reply sorry.............
I went to Budapest on the recommendation of a friend, who said his work was much cheaper than in the UK.
Had the consultation with a free OPT scan, and when the guy who represented the dentist got me into discussing the plans, I was somewhat disappointed at the results they were quite expensive and felt like he (they) was trying to sell me something I didn't need. (not just my missing teeth)
I think I'm left with going to Turkey but a tad nervous about that from some of the reports etc on people not being happy with Turkish dentists, but they do appear to be cheaper (Value for money I don/t know?).
can anyone recommend, or comment on any Turkish dentist, please?

Vote:
OK, Ive decided not to go abroad because of the inconvenience of travel.
Plus the worry of Turkish problems etc, after seeing the BBC doc about it all.

Vote:
late reply sorry.............
I went to Budapest on the recommendation of a friend, who said his work was much cheaper than in the UK.
Had the consultation with a free OPT scan, and when the guy who represented the dentist got me into discussing the plans, I was somewhat disappointed at the results they were quite expensive and felt like he (they) was trying to sell me something I didn't need. (not just my missing teeth)
I think I'm left with going to Turkey but a tad nervous about that from some of the reports etc on people not being happy with Turkish dentists, but they do appear to be cheaper (Value for money I don/t know?).
can anyone recommend, or comment on any Turkish dentist, please?
Hi Bob, I guess I replied a little late, but there is a good dental clinic that I know of. The prices are affordable and the service provided is at a high level. I went to Turkey 2 years ago to get my teeth fixed. If you want, I can leave the link for you. You can get information by contacting them.

Vote:

Ask a Question