Bridge Over Troubled Crown

My crown has come out a few times as the tooth underneath has changed. With denture paste it's held pretty firmly by the teeth on either side, so I'd like to create a bridge using that crown to just hold it better that way with no extraction. Or what about a flipper? I really don't want any extraction.

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

Why do you think it is an extraction? Has a dentist suggested this? What about prepping the tooth for a new crown?

Vote:
Hi. Thank you. :) Yes, the dentist thinks there's not enough tooth left underneath for a crown to hold to. It is being held by the two beside it at the moment.

Vote:
Oh, no, I don't. Good idea to ask him for copies though. Although maybe I need new ones if things have changed. i guess maybe that should be my first step, to double check, though he was pretty certain. What I'm trying to find out, though, is if he's right then what options do I have that don't involve any extraction

Last edited:

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It depends on what he means if he says there is not enough tooth structure left. Was the tooth root canal treated? If so, the roots can be submerged, and then a bridge can be done over the submerged tooth.
X-rays would help in giving more advice

Vote:

Ask a Question