Braces for minor overjet

I had braces when I was younger but only wore the retainers sporadically. My teeth have shifted over the years. I had a bad overjet/overbite and a gap in between my two front teeth and had it sorted out. Right now, my teeth look very fine at first glance, but it's my four front teeth that are the issue. I don't have a gap or anything, but my four front teeth stick out and I have an overjet/overbite problem again. My lower lip has begun to curl and my upper lip protrudes forward a little to support my teeth. My nose ridge has also formed a little bump and the nose looks bigger as a whole.

Again, any orthodontist would see this as a minor issue, and I was wondering if I could be rejected because of it. I was also wondering how payment would work as people usually pay monthly as they have the braces on (I assume I would have to have them on for a short period of time, probably less than a year, should I find an ortho that agrees).

Ask a Question