Bottom teeth hitting underneath of top teeth

Hi, i'm new here. I hope you can help me. I had a root canal on a broken tooth. I had a crown put on. It felt too short. Had bad anxiety started chewing toothpicks. Had a second crown put on made purposely high. Height felt perfect for the banging teeth in front problem. But started to hurt because it was too high (long). Dentist was slowly taking it down, then I feel because both of us were going on vacation she went too fast and took too much off at one time in the wrong place which led to front teeth banging again. Bottom teeth are hitting underneath of top teeth now, before other teeth. I have many Crowns that were made too short that helped create this kind of bite. Dentist still feels crown is too high. I don't want it any lower. Her only suggestion was grindingbottom teeth or going to orthodontist. I fear tooth sensitivity if I grind bottom teeth. And fear it won't work after all is said and done. I'm grinding teeth, chewing toothpicks, sides of mouth. I feel I have a fang protruding sometimes. This is a constant source of stress and anxiety. I'm holding my Jaw differently. Can anyone offer suggestions. Thanks

Solutions
Do you mean that your front teeth are hitting to hard when they come together when you swallow. I have the same thing but it feels like my teeth are out of alignment. Hope you get some relief.

Vote:

Ask a Question