bone like bump on jaw line not gum line!!!!

i have had a porcilian crown on my first moller going towards the back on my right side of my mouth for 4 years or maybe a little longer....it has never botherd me up until recently when i noticed a huge hard bump on my jaw line that feels like bone.. i dont know what it is!!! obiousvouly or i wouldnt be asking if anyone might know anything about it... it is bothering to me but other than that its fine.. but sometimes i think it keeps getting bigger very slowly!!! does anyone know of anything like this or something similar. please let me know

Cin

I just joined this forum and just read your post. Yes--I know what it is. I have the same thing and my hygienist has several that are even big. They are part of the jaw and they have a name but don't know how to spell it. It starts with exos something. Or else ES something. It's a long name. My hygienist said a lot of people have them and they just are part of the bone in the jaw. Nothing to worry about at all.

Vote:

Ask a Question