bone grafting done...i'm not so sure.

I had a tooth extracted a few weeks ago, and was billed for an extraction and bone grafting. They did not mention the bone grafting until I got my statement and was billed for it. I since have been back and they mentioned that I didn't have a bone graft, followed by awkwardness when I started asking questions. They now confirm that they cannot tell me whether there was a bone graft done unless I purchase a CT scan from them at a cost of $200. I guess I feel that if they can't prove it, then they should refund me. When I had the tooth extracted initially the tooth came out and was instantly sewn up and I was out on the street within 10 minutes. Is it possible for a dentist to do a bone graft in less than one minute and then sew it up with no assistance? This dental office has a habit of overcharging for things and double billing. Needless to say I will not be going back, but I want to know if I should pursue a second opinion and if the answers I am getting from them sound truthful.

Thanks in advance for your help!

This is just disgusting. Whenever I think American dentists cannot be more crooked I hear another story like this one. They are ripping you off 100% sure.
I gave up on American dentists years ago and have received by far and away the best and cheapest dental care of my life here in Thailand. If you ever need major work done I would not even consider going to a dentist in America.

Vote:
Sounds like a mix up someone needs to clarify. It is possible to be fairly quick placing a graft into an extraction site. The error may be more in the handling of your question. Sorry you had this happen.

Vote:

Ask a Question