Bone graft cavity.

Hi I had bone graft 3 weeks ago on teeth number 8 and 9 on the front for lack of bone it’s healing up nicely.I’m going back to the dentist in two weeks to get a cavity filled on a tooth number 7 and it looks like I have a cavity too on tooth #8.My question is can it be done to even though the tooth had a bone graft will it mess it up if the tooth is filled to early and would the bone graft mess up.?

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

The fillings on the teeth should not have any affect on the bone graft. In fact, any infection resulting from non-treatment of cavities, could have a more negative effect.

Vote:
Good day

The fillings on the teeth should not have any affect on the bone graft. In fact, any infection resulting from non-treatment of cavities, could have a more negative effect.
Awesome thank you so much I was worried about it since it’s only been 3 weeks I thought I had to wait a little till the bone heals around the tooth.

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Dr. M has a good point. I'm worried about the vibration of the handpiece during cavity prep affecting the integration of the graft. Ask the surgeon who placed the bone graft of his/her opinion on this.

Vote:
Dr. M has a good point. I'm worried about the vibration of the handpiece during cavity prep affecting the integration of the graft. Ask the surgeon who placed the bone graft of his/her opinion on this.
Would you know how long does the bone graft harden around the tooth.?[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I don't know the exact answer and the timing depends on the individual and the severity of the case. Your surgeon would be the best source.

Vote:

Ask a Question