Bone exposed after wisdom tooth extraction

I noticed this bone exposed on my gum the day after having my wisdom teeth taken out. I went back to my oral surgeon who said it was fibrous tissue lining my jaw bone & it should be fine & heal on its own. I'm looking for second opinions bc it's more painful than anything else I've dealt with. My tongue is constantly rubbing it & I feel like it's getting worse.
image.jpeg

Looks like bone to me. You could ...
1. Wait and see(if it won't go away...step 2)
But if I were you I would...
2. Have a minor surgery and have it trimmed

Vote:
I have the exact same thing after a tooth removal, my dentist thinks it will regrow by itself if not it will have to be removed. It is extremely painful, he gave me an oral antibiotic rinse to use which has helped immensely. It is a prescription you might ask him about it

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Agree with Dentgr. It's lingual bone, and this sometimes happens. If it's wobbly, then OS can take it out easily with a bit of anaesthetic and firm tweezers; if it's firm, then need anaesthetic, push back tissue, and trim back, maybe with a Rongeurs.

Vote:

Ask a Question