Bleeding gum at one spot

I had a scale and clean a couple of months back. Everything seemed to be ok. I was recommended to improve my flossing. I’ve been brushing twice a day and flossing more thoroughly since then. All my teeth are fine , except for one spot 4th top right that bleeds every time I floss it for the past 3 or so weeks . I try to do it very gently and it still bleeds. Now I’ve noticed it can bleed for no reason, even after not eating anything and get a metallic taste in my mouth from time to time . There isn’t really any pain, maybe a little swelling from what I can see. Im a bit concerned if it’s something serious?

Dlo

I just had this issue also and found this post looking for answers the other day. I know your post was over 6 months ago but I wanted to share my findings so others searching might find it.

One day I noticed some pain in my gums while eating. Almost a soreness. I had recently been to the dentist also. I flossed and brushed twice a day but it continued to get worse, bleeding when I flossed and to the point of bleeding on its own. It progressively went from irritation to more serious pain.

This went on for almost two weeks. Today the pain was so bad it radiated into my jaw. The spot was throbbing and hurting badly. I've been flossing after every meal to keep that spot clean, so after lunch I grabbed a new roll of floss. This floss happens to be much thicker than what I'd been using. I flossed the spot and I felt something moving and lots blood came out. It stank so bad. I pull the floss out and there is a popcorn husk. Immediately the pressure and pain improved. It's like when your ears pop and you get relief suddenly.

Apparently it was jammed in there in a pocket and the floss I normally use didn't dislodge it. I never even knew it was there. But sure enough I remember eating popcorn a few weeks ago, a lot of it. The new floss was a thick waxy ribbon type that really did the trick.

It has improved so much it's almost like it never happened, just in 12 hours. Still alittle tender but no real pain. I got an antibiotic to be safe because it was undoubtedly infected.

This same thing actually happened to me years ago, but the husk came out like the first time I flossed, before it progressed from soreness.

So if you have this problem maybe you have something stuck in a pocket. Try Don't let it fester like like me, I think I was close to having a serious abscess or something. The fluid was rotten!

Last edited:

Vote:

Ask a Question