Bleach in my sinus from root canal

I had my root canal redone today the they missed a 4th canal the last time. The xrays show that when the post went in it was cut a little long poking into my sinus leaving a hole. Today when they took that out and put the solution in aka bleach it went strait into my sinus. I admittedly felt a throbbing pain, burning and i could taste it all. I told the dr. and she said i just needed to wait for it to drain out but it never did and she sent me on my way.

I now have it dripping out of my nose no joke like a water leak and it comes out brownish. I also cough a lil of it out and if i blow my nose strait bleach comes out. I am in so much pain and do not know what to do. She gave me amoix 500 and pain meds but its not helping. Does anyone know what i should do. Is it serious? Will it go away by its self? Should i go see a doctor about it?

Help plz!:(

Blood in sinuses

I had the same thing happen to me on Tuesday. The dentist performed the root canal and during the procedure I had the burning of bleach in my sinuses and throat. No matter how much I rinsed I could not get the taste of bleach out. I began bleeding from my nose and spitting up blood. My dentist said it was a fluke and can happen. He sent me to an Endodontist the following day to finish the root canal. The bleeding was a concern and he said the procedure would not help the situation and may make it worse.

For three days I had bleeding from my nose every time I put my head down and pooling of blood and bleach in the back of my throat when I laid down. I went to Urgent care last night and they sent me to an ENT doctor today. The ENT confirmed that my sinuses were damaged during the root canal and that I should rinse with a sinus rinse. He told me that blood and solution entered my sinuses after the damage to my sinuses occurred. The ENT also told me to wait about two weeks for my sinuses to heal before going back to have the root canal completed.
I was told by the Endodontist that the bleach solution they use disintegrates anything it comes in contact with.
So my understanding from all this is that the bleach wasn't used in a contained manner and it ate away into my sinuses.

From going on other forums it seems this has happened to many others and has caused all sorts of problems from minor to leading to surgery to close the sinuses.

Hope I was able to shed some light on the subject for cowme13 and anyone experiencing this. Please post your experience and any insight. I sincerely hope two weeks is all it takes to heal 100% and there is no future damage.
Most importantly keep taking the antibiotics because the last thing you need is an infection.

Vote:
Hi

The first thing you need to do, if you go by my advice, is tell the nearby dental surgeon to give you an anesthesia which will subside the pain and make the roots go numb for some time. That is when you feel nothing. After that, you can tell that surgeon to perform a proper surgery if required on your canal and fix the leak permanently! Touche!

Vote:

Ask a Question